Saturday, October 29, 2011

English? What's the big deal?

Can English be so hard? Is it because you are too dump? or is it because you were not born to speak English? Mind boggling isn't it?

I often noticed that our graduates (Malay especially) have freaking awesome knowledge in many fields, capable to think creatively, often are a bunch of confident people except when they were asked to speak in English.

Most of the time, it is not because they do not know any English words, but they were incapable to produce a complete sentence when they were asked to.

To be honest, I myself can sometimes be in-confident to speak in English, and I realize that the reason is because I don't use much of the language in my daily conversation although I've been surrounded by the language for almost 26 years. The only time where I can speak fluently was when I was forced to (presentations, conversing with lecturers who don't know how to speak Malay, interview sessions etc...etc...)

But the point is I found a great website to non-native English speakers to speak English fluently, regardless of how bad your grammar is...the most important thing is to SPEAK!



It is important to know your grammar right when you were answering your exam paper, but when it comes to conversing forget about your grammar!
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment